Thu, 02 Mar|
Member Workshop - Occupational Violence
A member lead workshop to discuss the risks of occupational violence
Time & Location
02 Mar, 9:00 am AEST – 03 Mar, 10:30 am AEST
About the event
Peta Mercieca is a WHS professional who is passionate about safety. Her aim is for people to feel safe at work, including psychologically and culturally safe and are seen, heard and valued for who they are.
She demonstrates an impressive 15-year career within the ACT public healthcare sector, offering leadership and expertise in Work Health and Safety and Clinical Safety.
Peta is going to take us through a 1.5 hour workshop on Occupational Violence and how we can ensure the risk is mitigated in our business. The topics she will run through are:
- What is OV – how its important to have the definition that suits your organisation and examples of what actually happens
- Staff incident reporting – overview of reporting, barriers,
- Risk Assessment – tips for each step
- Controls – categories of controls and examples
- Training – what to look for in OV training
Empowered Member Access